Ask Jerry's Advanced Plumbing Your O...
Jerry's Advanced Plumbing
Jerry's Advanced Plumbing, Plumber
Experience:  I have 24 years plumbing experience to help you with all your plumbing needs
54170217

I have a rinnai rc 80 on demand water heater. When having a

I have a rinnai rc 80 on demand water heater. When having a shower if a tap is turned on elsewhere to hot or cold, even if just partially turned on, the shower goes cold Is this normal? Possibly this is a safety default

Jerry's Advanced Plu :

Hello This sounds like it could be some thing other then the heater,have you tested to see if water at heater changes temperature or just at faucet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We checked the heater which does not change temperature but when a hot tap is turned on elsewhere it appears the hot water pressure at the shower is reduced. Will a pressure balance mixing valve on the shower correct this and will it work well with our on demand system?

The heater needs at least .6 gpm to run so you need at least this much flow for heater to start,Yes a balancing valve should take care of this problem.
Hi [Customer Name],

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
[Expert Name]