Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

Schedule B says: REMOVE:(1)HWH,(1)NON.RES.SINK , REPLACE:(6)WC,(4)

Customer Question

Schedule B says: REMOVE:(1)HWH,(1)NON.RES.SINK , REPLACE:(6)WC,(4) LAV. At time of inspection will the plumbing pipes for replace WC and LAV be inspected?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to Pear!
If the plumbing contractor or the general contractor that hired him took out a building permit to do the job, as required by law in most jurisdictions, then the job will be inspected... but....only if the plumbing or general contractor calls for an inspection.
It will be up to you to remind them of that requirement if they 'forget'.
The inspection has to be done before the walls close in the plumbing work they did.
Let me know if this makes any sense on your end or not. We keep going until you have all the answers you need with no time limit.
Phil
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Phil,
Thank you for your response. Yes, plumber will pull permit and will have to call for inspection in order to sign off at the end of the job.
My concern is that even if it says replace WC and LAV does the plumbing pipes for this gets inspected? Currently the piping is not to code but this was there before the job started. I am afraid the bill will be higher if the piping needs to be re-done. All the piping is on the outside of the walls that is why I'm concerned about the inspection of these piping.
Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.
Hello again!
If the piping is original and old, but still deemed safe by the inspector, he will most likely not write you up.... but only if he is one of the older inspectors.
Rookie inspectors can be quite a bit less flexible, all they know is the code book.
If the plumbing presents a health hazard any inspector will write you up and insist that it be corrected.
Can you tell me what does not meet code about the existing visible piping?
Can you post a few pictures to a photo sharing web site and post the URL address here?
We can go from there.
Phil