Nick
Nick, Plumber
Experience:  I have 9 years of experience and a vast knowledge in commercial and residential plumbing.
73147762

Where can I buy an On/Off button for a Rinnai gas water heater

Where can I buy an On/Off button for a Rinnai gas water heater for my boat. The markings on it are REU58 Instantaneous Water Heater and the Serial Number is: 03. 04-100379.

Many thanks,

Catherine J Will
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

Nick :

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you resolve your problem. Feel free to ask any questions to better help you.

Nick :

Hi, how are you today?

Nick :

Have you tried your local plumbing supply store?

Customer:

I live in the north west of Scotland and there are no local plumbing stores. My nearest one is Inverness aXXXXXaway but that is possible if necessary. Most of my sourcing is done on line.

Nick :

I am looking through my catalog searching for a part that you can mail order. do you have the manufactured date.

Customer:

No but should it be on the heater? I can look if necessary

Nick :

before you drove two hours I would call the store and make sure they could get the part for you. they may even have it shipped to you

Customer:

yes but which store!

Nick :

yes it should be on the heater label.

Customer:

I have just found the operating instructions which say it was distributed by GIMEG UK Ltd,XXXXX Wear East Industrial Estate, Washington, Tyne and Wear. Do they still exist?

Customer:

Also Serial Number 93-05-031997 is written on the top in manuscript

Nick :

I'm not sure. I am looking for a plumbing store that deals with rinnai. Do you know if the button is for sure the problem?

Customer:

There is no obvious date on the heater. The button is the problem because it is broken. The little kind of butterfly bits which secure it are broken.

Nick :

Do you know if it is a 3 wire or a 2 wire button?

Customer:

The are no buttons on it. It is a plastic button which you just push for on and off but it clicks into position on top of a central button which is connected to the controls! That sounds very technical!

Customer:

I lost the page for a while there

Nick :

www.rinnaiuk.com/rinn/index.pdp?id=15

Nick :

here is a web link that will give you support numbers for rinnai. they would be able to trace a button for you and the nearest place to pick one up or order and have one delivered.

Customer:

THat sounds good

Customer:

At the moment this page is NOT FOUND I will try later

Customer:

I will try to access this page and see what they say

Customer:

NOT FOUND

Customer:

I will phone one of their numbers thanks.

Nick :

you can also try www.globalrinnai.com and select your region for that list of numbers if the link i gave does not work

Customer:

Thanks

Nick :

Your welcome and good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions or rate my service if this satisfies your question.

Customer:

It is a difficult question given the age of the appliance but hopefully I will get intouch with someone

Nick, Plumber
Experience: I have 9 years of experience and a vast knowledge in commercial and residential plumbing.