Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.

There is no water in my holding tank and when I turn my faucets

There is no water in my holding tank and when I turn my faucets on they seem to split water. I live very close to a river and I have a driven point well. I just replaced the pump 3 years ago not sure what is causing the problem or how to fix it?
Welcome to Just Answer.!

Can you tell me what diameter the point is, and how deep it is, and something about the soil conditions. When you look at the river, what color is it most of the time.

What kind of pump do you have.?
How long have you been using the well ?
Can you give me an estimate of its flow rate when it was producing well, and how long ago that was?

Has the well been in constant use or has it been sitting unused for a long time?

Let me know, we can go from there

As we go along just keep pressing the 'continue' button,and no negative buttons. until we succeed in resolving the problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no idea we bought the house about 6 years ago and have no information regarding the well except that it is driven point. The water color very clean we have had it tested. The water does have a lot of copper and iron in it, it leaves my fixtures blue all the time. Flo-tech is our pump and that was replaced 3 years ago. THe soil conditions are sandy. I dont know the flow rate but atleast a couple of gallons a minute, normally it flows pretty well. it has been in constant use and this second this has happened, the first time my husband replaced the pressure switch and the air line for it and the problem went away. There is very little water in the tank we still have pressure but it is spitting throughout the dya when it is not run normally. Say we dont run the water in the morning when we get home in the afternoon it is spitting water. Thank you for the help.

Hello again, thanks for all that detail.

If you can hear or feel the pump running, then the problem is one of the following;

- Water table dropped below the point.
- Point got clogged with iron deposits.
- Pump is failing,

The fact that you are getting sputtering indicates the pump is getting power and is running... those are fairly reliable pumps. Leading me to suspect the water table has dropped.

I have seen this happen when a new, large diameter well is drilled in the area to water a golf course etc.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town, I might be able to access the county ground water survey.

let me know, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in south tamworth nh it is on Union hall road of route 25, we live right on the bear camp river. Do we have to put a new well in if it has to do with the point being clogged? Thank you

Hello again, You are living in Gods country!

The point can be cleaned chemically in most cases without having to put in a new well if its not a problem with the water table dropping,.. it will take a local water well service company to make that assessment for you.

Hartley Well Drilling Co 261 White Mountain Hwy, Tamworth, NH (NNN) NNN-NNNN ‎

Call these people and ask if they can arrive and test the well for you... tell me what they find and what they can tell you, get all the details.... we can go from there.