Hi are you still there?? I'm sorry I was away from the computer! I did not know you were doing chat. Please come back....
Oh, I'm sorry I did not see your follow-up question. Our boiler is natural gas, converted from an oil burner.
Ben, I am sorry I was out of chat. I had no idea you were coming into chat or I would have kept the screen up - it seems Just Answer does not prompt when an expert comes on.
I have a gas burner, converted from oil.
My concern is that if I clean the chimney first but keep the old boiler, the boiler will spew out exhaust and make the chimney filthy again. I thought both had to be done at the same time.
The fire department did come and did the CO testing. But by the time they got here I had every door and window open for over an hour and it was very cold and windy. Whatever CO may have been here the fire department could not pick it up. I went to the hospital and should have had the blood gas testing but declined.
Also, the gas company came here and did a test and it was the same thing. I'm keeping the house open so nobody is finding any CO with all the ventilation. But it is freezing in my house with only the space heaters. I am not well so for me, 35 degrees is cold and the space heaters don't do a good job.
But the CO was not detected. The firefighters admitted with all the ventilation it could have gone out.