Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago

What is the best way to seal the inlet pipe on a septic tank?

Customer Question

What is the best way to seal the inlet pipe on a septic tank? I have been having problems with ground water leaking in to my septic tank around the inlet pipe where it goes into the septic tank. Is there a seal or gasket I can use for this or some other method I can use to keep the ground water out of the septic tank? This septic tank was installed in the early 70s.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumbing Pro replied 3 years ago.

Plumbing Pro : Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to Answer your question to the best of my professional ability.You can respond by typing in the box. Go buy hydro cement . It sets up in less them 5 mins so mix small amounts at once , clean the area first and wet surface before you apply .