Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

How much air pressure should be in my well holding tank for

Customer Question

How much air pressure should be in my well holding tank for my home? I have 7 faucets in my home and 2 outside faucets. I lost some pressure when more than 1 faucet is turned on.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.

Rick the plumber :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help with your problem

Rick the plumber :

The pressure in the holding tank is set to 2 psi below the cut in pressure on the pump pressure switch.

Rick the plumber :

It is usually set when it it installed and usually is not touched again. If the diaphragm in the holding tank fails the pump will short cycle (on then off then on again in quick succession). It is normal for there to be some pressure drop if more than one faucet is open at the same time.

JACUSTOMER-y2e2h58c- :
Rick the plumber :

I don't see any text in your last post and my screen has shown you typing for some time. I will switch to the Q&A format shortly in case there is some technical glitch

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this did me no good whatsoever.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
If you have a follow up question please respond here. It looked like we were having problems with the chat format so I switched your question here.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
If you expected more then ask more questions. If you don't respond then your rating is unfair.