Bill, Master Plumber
Experience:  39 1/2 years in the plumbing trade, building So. Cal.w/NITC & LA CITY certification

my clothes washer drain is backing up. I snaked it with a small

my clothes washer drain is backing up. I snaked it with a small snake and ran into small roots, and hair. I ran several bottles of concentrated drain cleaner over several days, and boiling water. after that I ran a garden hose in it for 10 minutes with no backup. I reconnected the drain and it immediately started backing up again.. help!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.

When you ran the hose did you go through the p trap.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went through the drain where the washer hose goes. the rest of my house doesn't back up. I also ran the sink bath and bath sink at the same time.
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.

Then what you need is to run a snake with a cutter head on it to clear out the roots and this should be a 3/8" cable. Here is a site that will show you what I mean.

Also some times you need a longer tailpice on the drain because the washing machine drains to fast so a longer tailpice will do the trick if the drains are clear.

You should never pour drain cleaner in the drain as they dont work and a snake will.