MasterPlumber12
MasterPlumber12, Plumber
Experience:  I am a Licensed Master Plumber with 24 years of experience in Plumbing and Heating.
64580108

The toilet in the main bathroom keeps getting stopped up even

Customer Question

The toilet in the main bathroom keeps getting stopped up even though I'm careful about not putting too much tp or any other no no's. Is there any product that I can use to help the situation. The house was built in 1971. But, I replaced the toilet when I remodeled the bathroom about ten yrs. ago. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  MasterPlumber12 replied 4 years ago.

MasterPlumber12 :

Hello, thanks for using JA, I am happy to make every effort to assist you. I have a couple questions which will better help me diagnose the situation. Is this something that just started happening and if not how long has it been going on? I need to know if it is the lowest fixture in the home? Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.

MasterPlumber12 :

Hello,i noticed you are offline so I thought I would give you descriptive answers to the possiblities then if you have additional questions I would welcome them. If the toilet is on the first floor at the low point , it would indicate that it is a main drain clog or sewer issue. Could mean the septic tank is full and may need to be pumped if you have one. Or like I said it could mean there is a clog in the main drain that still lets draining through but causes issues when the low point is going into the drain with any type of material. The solution to this would be to have a drain company on the idea of a Roto Router snake the clog. Now if the toilet is say on a second floor and not the low point fixture, then the issue is that something would be clogged in that toilets drain. I will try to give you a senerio, lets say a pencil or object was stuck in there it would always let water only pass through but solid waste or toilet paper may be slower and back up, the solid or toilet paper can be plungered through or will eventually move its way through but the object usually stays and then you have the persistant stopping up issue. The solution to this is obviously to get the object or clog out. Depending upon your skill level it can possibly come loose through strong plunging, but better yet snaking the drain with a plumbers snake. If it is solidly stuck it may require the toilet being removed to identify the object and location of the clog. I hope my answers have been helpful to you, I would greatly appreciate your acceptance of the answer. I will be happy to help you further if you need additional information on this inquiry. Best of luck and thank you for using JA