Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector

What is best Root Killer for sewer lines and were do I get

What is best Root Killer for sewer lines and were do I get it. We had a large section of our line replaced but the remaining section runs near a tree and under the street. I was told it would be a good idea to use root killer once a year to make sure they dont come back. I was also told that only plumbers can get the good stuff strong enough and that foams up to completly fill the pipe. Also is it put in at the clean out (which is new or flushed down the toilet. I would rather do it my self than pay a gut to come over.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

Try Root- X. There are likely other sources to purchase. Maybe even lowes or home depot but not certain. No need to hire a plumber. Put in toilet and/ or clean out.

Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

Dear customer,

I see you viewd my answer to your question but did not respond or ACCEPT. Do you have any other questions I cana help you with today? Please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im looking over the web site now. Is a system with a sewer considereda septic system or a septic tank a septic system???
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

septic system is for rural drian systems with no municipal "sewer system available. If you have city water that you pay for most likley your sewer is connected to thier system as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What diamiter is a typical sew line 3 or 4 inchs
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.
4 inches