Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Coleman model 2003 50K btu floor furnace. It is old.

Customer Question

I have a Coleman model 2003 50K btu floor furnace. It is old. I have a bad gas valve and cannot find one to replace. I found perhaps one that will substitute but it is $338. I think I can buy a new floor furnace for a few hundred more. Suggestions where I can buy a floor furnace most reasonable. Does not have to be a Coleman.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Marc replied 4 years ago.

Marc the plumber : Hello and thank you for using JA.com. I will assist you today with your question. Please accept the answer upon completion of the Q&A process.
Marc the plumber : Unless you are looking to purchase a floor furnace online I would suggest getting estimates from your local plumbing contractors or supply stores.
Customer :

We do all work ourselves so we wouldnt hire a contractor, I found a Williams Floor Fur on Ebay for 595 and bought it only to find out it was pick up only in Philadelphia. Cant do that. So I contacted you for your input. I know I can order locally but thought your experience would provide a more reasonable site for purchasing.

Marc the plumber :

sorry had to step away for a bit

Marc the plumber :

williams has a good model, so doesnt cozy and empire

Marc the plumber :

however, I am not sure your location but I would try to stay away from purchasing used as you never know what you get. You may find a cracked heat exchanger in which you have wasted your money.

Marc the plumber :

I have never used the williams brand but my supplier deals with the cozy and empire units in which I have been satisfied. Cozy is a bit better efficient than the empire units in my opinions

Marc the plumber :

I see that for 1100$ williams does have a brand new unit.. empire has them for $1200 for a 45,000btu through grainger

Marc the plumber :

and here is the cozy... http://www.kennspenns.com/heating/cozy.html