Theplumber717
Theplumber717, Plumber, Hvac Tech
Experience:  Lic Plumbing contractor, 27/yrs res,com,repair,Universal HVAC Tech

i have no hot water pressure in my kitchen sink. i have pressure

Customer Question

i have no hot water pressure in my kitchen sink. i have pressure in every other sink. i changed the faucet and also the valve under the sink, but still no hot water pressure, the cold is fine.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Theplumber717 replied 2 years ago.

theplumber717 :

Hi my name is XXXX, X am here to answer all of your plumbing questions. After the question process is complete please hit accept, Thanks

theplumber717 :

you changed the faucet

theplumber717 :

did you check the pressure at the valve before reinstalling the faucet?

Customer :

yes

theplumber717 :

are your pipes galvanized? copper? or plastic?

Customer :

from hot water tank they are galv. but they go into ceiling and walls, under sink they are 1/2 inc copp. butt they go into the ground. i live on the 1st fir.

theplumber717 :

Ok if you changed the faucet the problem is in the hot water line to this sink, galvanized pipe is bad for closing over from corrosion this is why we do not use much of it anymore

theplumber717 :

did you have a pressure problem on the hot before the faucet change or is this why you changed it in hopes to fix this problem?

Customer :

yes then i changed the valve under sink

theplumber717 :

the problem is the galvanized pipe ive removed tons of it for same problem, If you had no pressure before its the old lines when you pull them out they are usually down to less then a pencil size in the middle from corrosion, you just need to replace them with copper or plastic on this and eventually all lines that are still galvanized im sorry to say, but you can do them as they start to plug up one at a time

theplumber717 :

eventually rust will start to wash up in your aerators and toilet fill valves but you could start with just replacing the problem line in this kitchen

Customer :

so ther is nothn i can do to unclog it with galv. pipe still ther

theplumber717 :

not the pipe itself, now sometimes when we cut into a galvanized pipe with a sawsall to make a repair and the pipe gets banged around alot , rust from inside the pipe breaks lose and washs up and cloggs aerators and valves they then can be taken apart and cleaned but from what you tell me you had no pressure before and changed faucet and valve also its copper under the sink so you working on those lines would not break anything loose

theplumber717 :

So im sorry to say you just have to replace the galvanized line to restore pressure

Customer :

sob! thank u sir.

theplumber717 :

sorry your welcome

theplumber717 :

If thats all i can do for you please hit accept, and thanks for using justanswer good luck with your project