Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

i have no water pressure in my kitchen sink, dishwasher, and

i have no water pressure in my kitchen sink, dishwasher, and 1 bathroom sink , but full pressure with everything else. i have all vavles fully open. help.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Rick the plumber :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help you solve your problem

Rick the plumber :

Just because the valves are open doesn't guarantee that the washer in the valve hasn't broken loose blocking the flow

Rick the plumber :

The first thing to try is to take the control valve for these fixtures apart and check to be sure they aren't clogged

Rick the plumber :

If you have no flow in both hot and cold then the aerators on the faucets probably need to be cleaned or replaced

Customer:

there is no aerators on the one in the batroom, and there is no flow there

Customer:

cold the dishwasher have anything to do with it?

Rick the plumber :

not likely

Customer:

could

Rick the plumber :

the dishwasher should have its own supply line

Customer:

it's not getting anything but a trekkle like the kitchen sink.

Rick the plumber :

what type of piping is in the house?

Rick the plumber :

any galvanized piping?

Customer:

and there is still none in the bathroom sink thats very close to the kitchen area

Customer:

copper. the house was bulit

Customer:

in 1978

Rick the plumber :

then you need to pull the shut offs apart and see if they are clogged

Customer:

not sure what shutoffs are, or located.

Customer:

where

Rick the plumber :

shut offs = valves

Rick the plumber :

you said all the valves are open, they may be but that doesn't mean they aren't broken

Customer:

under the sink?

Rick the plumber :

yes

Customer:

what about the dishwasher?

Rick the plumber :

it should have it's own valve or may share one with the kitchen sink

Rick the plumber :

You have to shut the water off and pull the valves apart one at a time

Customer:

the bathroom?

Rick the plumber :

if you don't see a loose washer you turn the water back on and see if you have flow at the valve

Rick the plumber :

same answer for everything

Rick the plumber :

you either have a common valve for the problem fixtures or you check them individually

Customer:

would one vavle clog both hot,and cold water

Rick the plumber :

not if other fixture work ok

Customer:

i can't get cold, or hot from anyone of them.

Rick the plumber :

no water from any fixture in the house?

Customer:

no, just stated areas.

Rick the plumber :

then you need to follow the procedure I outlined before

Customer:

ok. i'll see what i can do.

Rick the plumber :

the only way to get to the bottom of this is to find out where the water stops flowing

Rick the plumber :

since you have some working fixtures the shut offs for the problem fixtures is the first place to start

Customer:

if i have to call a plumber, about what kind of money am i looking at?

Rick the plumber :

No way to tell. If he finds the problem fairly quickly then under $200

Customer:

would the vavles themselves be clogged, or lines leading into them.

Rick the plumber :

valves are most likely

Rick the plumber :

water lines seldom clog unless they are galvanized or kinked

Customer:

ok,thanks

Rick the plumber :

Please hit accept
Thanks for using just Answer

Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience: Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.