Theplumber717, Plumber, Hvac Tech
Experience:  Lic Plumbing contractor, 28/yrs res,com,repair,Universal HVAC Tech

Will cpvc bust if water freeze? I know the answer is yes. But

Will cpvc bust if water freeze? I know the answer is yes. But cpvc is quite flexible like pex, right?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Theplumber717 replied 4 years ago.

theplumber717 :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX am here to answer all of your plumbing questions. After the question process is complete please hit accept, Thanks

theplumber717 :

cpcv if it freeze's it splits, and it splits bad! it will split 3 or 4 feet long sometimes, unless it is flow guard gold cpvc Then it will only split a inch or two (but if its from lowes or other home stores its probably not flowguard (even though they sell the glue) and it will split bad, and no its not like pex

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I tell if it's flowguard or not? Is it on the pipe?
Yes its wrote right on the side of the pipe, plus if it is they would have used the flowguard glue and its yellow, but yes it says flowguard all over the pipe

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you saying if it's not flowguard, the glue is not yellow?
What will be the color if it's not flowguard?
I'm saying that if its flowguard pipe, it probably came from a plumbing supply house that being said they would of used the glue made for it(flow guard glue) and its dark rich yellow colored, but if you see that color glue it dose not mean its flow guard pipe because i know they sell it (the glue only) at menards and lowes so they could of just bought the glue. If its flowguard its written all over the pipe, The pipe is the best cpvc made its made by goodyear, and the glue is amazing as well Ive seen it pressurized after only five minutes of drying, and in one hour its fully cured. No mater what type of pipe you have if it freezes its going to crack and split, just normal cpvc will split all the way down the length of pipe basically splits in two
Customer: replied 4 years ago.