Bill, Master Plumber
Experience:  39 1/2 years in the plumbing trade, building So. Cal.w/NITC & LA CITY certification

Kohler K-401 Thermostatic Mixing Valve, Replacing the Temp

Customer Question

Kohler K-401 Thermostatic Mixing Valve, Replacing the Temp Control Cartridge. I am unable to figure out the Limit Stop configurations. Is this something you can help me with ?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

I am very familiar with Kohler but unfortunately NOT this particular valve. this link is the only thing I could find to assist ME! Not much help to guide you from myself but you can aparently post to this link and they will help you. Good luck, sorry i could not be more specific for you tonite. I tried, no need to pay me unless you want to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am very familiar with that link. Kohler phone support is helpful, but only work 8-5. THanks for trying.

Expert:  Hauserplb replied 4 years ago.
If I recall, the stops may be on the trim? (can't specifically remember) I assume you're looking to set it a a certain max temp and that will be full hot for you that you cannot exceed?
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.

Here is a pdf file on page 11 and 12 you will see how to adjust this valve to the temp you want.

I hope this will help you.