Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector

i have a water softener; yesterday we had a power outage (boston

i have a water softener; yesterday we had a power outage (boston area) and then power came back. Water is continuously going out of the drain pipe of the filter. I tried to push the bypass head in - but it does not budge. what should i do.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

Have you tried to manually recycle the unit? Also can you give me the brand and model number please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i turned off power and then turned it back on ; it says regen. i will look at the unti and get back with the model number

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is Gold Series; 01013675
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.

I would try and attempt to start a manual regeneration. this may fix the issue.

It may just be stuck on one of the cycles that is flushing water out of the softner.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what do you mean by manual regeneration; how do i do this

Expert:  Plmqwk replied 4 years ago.
You have a digital read-out on the head (top) of your softner. If you have your manual it should list how to do this. Usually just by pushing one or two of the buttons in front of the unit will do this. I cannot pull up a culligan service manual for your unit to view it online. Culligan website only give a brochure with specs of their units no troubleshooting procedures. The front of the unit may list steps to start a manual regeneration. If you cannot do it, unfortunately you will have to contact a local culligan rep in your area to help you. sorry.