Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

My Rinnai tankless water heater is making a loud vibration

My Rinnai tankless water heater is making a loud vibration noise when we turn on the hot water. What could be wrong? It has not made this noise before.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

The most common issue is a clogged filter. Turn off water to the unit, remove the filter, clean and replace. This should take care of your problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is the water filter located?
On the inlet (cold side) water line at the union of the heater connection. Turn off the inlet and outlet valve first before removing any thing. Depending on your model number it is either connected to a small chain and quarter sized looking "cap" on the cold line near the bottom base of the unit OR it is accessible by removing the union connection of the cold line. If you give me your model number (not serial number) I can get the manual for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got it now. Thank You!