Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

I have a Tile Redi Shower pan (34 x 60 ). The problem I have

I have a Tile Redi Shower pan (34" x 60"). The problem I have is that my present shower pan (was made of cement) was removed and the pipe coming out of the floor (I'm on a slab) is a 3.5" hole on a 6.5" flange. The flange hole tapers down to a 2" pipe about 2.5" below the cement floor. The Tile Redi pan has a outer drain diameter of about 5.75" by about 1.5" deep and an inner diameter of 2". How do I attach the Tile Redi pan to the existing piping?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

You are right on track with your thinking. You will need to remove enough concrete to cut the pipe low enough to replace it to the proper length for the new shower, no other way about it sorry. Use an inside cutting wheel in your drill will reduce the concrete removal needed.