HVAC_Doug
HVAC_Doug, HVAC technician, Water Heater tech
Experience:  Been in the HVAC and waterheater business for over 20 years
27672032

my toilet is clogged and all the water is backing up into the

my toilet is clogged and all the water is backing up into the tub. But it does slowely go down. And i have plugged for about 30 mins on each drain. Will something like drain-o help when the drains are free or something else?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  HVAC_Doug replied 5 years ago.
I would suggest having a rooting service come out. The blockage is in the main pipe after the tub and toilet drains come together. Drain-o will probably not clear that type of blockage very well if at all. It could be anything from something large being flushed or even a root breaking into the main drain somewhere. If the blockage were in the tub drain, the toilet would drain well. If it were in the toilet drain before the tub, the tub woudnt fill.

You can try filling the tub with hot water and letting that drain open to see if it works on it at all but in the end, I think it's time to have a Rooter out

The only other cause would be a vent restriction (this is the plumbing vent that goes through the roof)