Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

How often should a Navien Tankless water Heater be flushed

How often should a Navien Tankless water Heater be flushed? Is there a procedure that i could follow?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
Copy and paste the following into your address bar, it is the Navien troubleshooting manual:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You did not reply to my question! You simply gave me a link to the navien Manual which did not help me at all.

Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
Flushing frequencing is entirely dependent upon if you are using a water softener and what the mineral content of your water is. Hard water will result in fast mineral build up that will impair the unit. Once a year is good in soft water areas, hard water areas could benefit from flushing every three months. Many tankless manufacturers require water from a water softener or the warranty is void. I cannot pull up your unit but typically a valve is installed to shut off incoming water with a valve to allow vinegar to be poured into the exchanger. Another valve on the outgoing allows you to flush the solution out of the tank when water is turned back on. There needs to be an outlet valve to allow the flush solution to drain out.