Bill, Master Plumber
Experience:  39 1/2 years in the plumbing trade, building So. Cal.w/NITC & LA CITY certification

I have a Stanadyne single handle shower faucet. It works well

I have a Stanadyne single handle shower faucet. It works well except the plastic handle does not hit the stops from the hot and cold side . It just keeos going round and round. I removed the handle and the stops don't appear to be broken. I'm doing some remodeling in this house and don't know the history of it, that is if it's original equipment or not.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Please give me a few min to research this for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Past my bedtime...I'll look for your answer in the AM..thanks, Dale
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Here is a pdf file you can look at

See the stop tube check it is it ok? The handle should hit the stop tube if not you may need a longer stop tube.

Also look inside the handle it should have stops that will hit the stop tube to keep it from turning if not then you need a new handle.

One more thing make sure the screw that holds the handle on is tight.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The stops look ok in the handle, but it's like they go over the top of the stop tube. They are smooth....don't appear to be broken. I wonder if the handle has been changed at some point, and it's not the right one????
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

If this is the case home depot should have the right handle for a Stanadyne shower valve.