Bill
Bill, Master Plumber
Experience:  39 1/2 years in the plumbing trade, building So. Cal.w/NITC & LA CITY certification
46291591

My toto toilet keeps running- what can I do to fix it. For

My toto toilet keeps running- what can I do to fix it. For now I turned off the water supply
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Hello.

Take off the lid to the toilet tank and look inside. You should see a flapper make sure it is resting on the bottom of the tank.

Also you can clean off in between the flapper and the tank.

And make sure the chain that holds the flapper is not caught on something.

If this dose not work you will need a new flaper.

Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The chain and flapper are fine. The blue "anti siphon" pump works as it should. stops fpr a second as it normally should but then starts pumping more water
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.
Hello.
Ok let's test the flapper .
Can you pour some food coloring in the tank?
If you do and it shows up in the bowl then you need a new flapper
Please let me know what happens.
Bill
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no color in bowl.
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Hello. One more thing you can replace the fill valve cap this will stop the toilet from going on and off all the time.

Here is the part you need.

Some hardware stores carry the Korky Replacement Cap. If the fill valve is not shutting off, this should fix it. It takes less than a minute to replace without tools.

This replaces the rubber seal

Thank you for using JA

Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this part does not look like it is compatable with the fill vlve in the toto toilet
Expert:  Bill replied 3 years ago.

Hello.

If this is not what you have then you can just replace the fill valve they do not coast much.

Part # XXXXX 528T

To replace the valve first turn off the water then flush the toilet to get the water out off the tank then use a sponge to get the rest of the water out . Then remove the fill valve and replace it with this one above.

That will fix your problem.

Bill

Bill

Bill, Master Plumber
Experience: 39 1/2 years in the plumbing trade, building So. Cal.w/NITC & LA CITY certification