Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

My Delta Monitor shower faucet drips. What part do I need to

My Delta Monitor shower faucet drips. What part do I need to fix it?
The cartridge needs to be replaced.Turn off the hot and cold water supply and allow the facet to drain. Look at the handle and find the small hole under it they should have a set screw that can be backed out with an allen wrench. After loosening, pull the handle off. You should be able to pull the chrome sleeve straight off. If there is a lot of hard water mineral build up. soak the part with white vinegar to dissolve the build up. Next, remove the retaining nut and then you should be able to pull the cartridge straight out. It should be white plastic. There are rubber O rings that you want to make sure you got them out. Clean the inside of the valve body carefully. Do not scratch it. You can scrub the inside with a toothbrush and white vinegar. Get any pieces of old O ring out. Take the old cartridge to a good plumbing supply house or a good home improvement store and have it matched up with a new one. Get a small tub of plumbers silicone lube while you are there. Lightly lube the inside of the valve body and the new O rings on the cartridge. Slide the new cartridge in ans reassemble the faucet. Turn the water back on and you leak should be gone. Good luck. If this has proved helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.