Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago
31194769

My ECO water softner displays a hardness setting of 25. Here

My ECO water softner displays a hardness setting of 25. Here is my question: Does this setting reflect the hardness before treating or after the water has been treated? Can you tell me how to change the setting? Our water hardness has increased since the softner was installed approximately 10 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to Answer your question to the best of my professional ability. the hardness level on the softener is how hard the water is before the water is treated . also i don't think you hardness level has increased but your softener has stopped working as hard because of its age, everything has a life span and wares out over time and water softness can only last 6-10 years then need to be replaced . the best thing to try would buy some iron out salt and start using that , it will help clean out your softener . but if it doesn't help then you might need a new softener . thank you for choosing Just Answer. Please leave customer feedback.