Mark
Mark, Union Plumber
Experience:  32 Years Experience in Commercial, Hi-Rise, Residential Construction, 4 years Project Management
48714917

delta two handle faucet set screw stuck how do I get it

Customer Question

delta two handle faucet
set screw stuck
how do I get it unstuck?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mark replied 5 years ago.

Mark :

If the WD40 doesn't work, there are 2 other options: 1) Drill the set screw out carefully with the correct size bit and be careful not to damage the threads on the handle itself or 2) purchase the correct size easy out and remove it that way. Mark

Customer :

What is easy out? I'ld rather not drill it out....

Mark :

I'll send a picture. Give me a minute.

Customer :

thank you so much...also this faucet I have been working on, it is dripping and so I've replaced the right stem, spring and washer and am on to the left this is where I've run into a problem) when I turnd the water back on after replacing the right it was still leaking...is correct to say that for sure it is the left components?

Mark :

You pound this device into the hex part of the set screw with a small hammer and then use an adjustable wrench to remove it. This will increase your leverage substantially. Provided you installed the cold side correctly, the hot side usually is the first needing replacement. That should take care of the dripping.

Mark :

Finding one small enough may take a little effort.

Mark :

Sorry, the left side being the hot is probably the cause.

Mark :

Do you have any other questions? I have to step out for awhile. Mark