Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

how much psi to pass natural gas inspection in you home to

how much psi to pass natural gas inspection in you home to get gas turn back on. how many psi and forhow long to pass
Welcome to Just Answer,

The piping must hold a minimum of 3 psi for a minimum of 10 minutes for a single family home.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is that law in st.louis mo or in jennings mo . what do you mean by singel family home we have heater stove and gas drer gas water heater is still the same as 3psi for tem min
Those standards are directly from the NFPA 54 which is the National gas code in use in most jusidictions in the country. It is the National standard. It sounds like you have a single family home. A 2 family home would be a home with 2 apartments.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi my name is kevin have one more question the meter on the out of the house said 5psi so should check at maxiam of 5psi
The code says 3 psi at a minimum or 1 1/2 times the working pressure. No residential system that I am aware of runs on more than 11 inches of water column which is less than 1/2 psi. I don't know where you are reading 5 psi but I doubt that is the pressure on the piping in your house. If you want you can test to 7.5 psi which would be 1 1/2 times the 5 psi