Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

How do I tighten a loose delta single handle, pull-out kitchen

Customer Question

How do I tighten a loose delta single handle, pull-out kitchen faucet? It's worht noting that the base is not loose.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Rick the plumber :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help you solve your problem

Rick the plumber :

You tighten the handle by tightening the allen screw on the handle. Is something else loose? is the allen screw stripped?

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

Not stripped, just doesn't tighten. Could be that I am afraid to try try too hard a break it.

Rick the plumber :

It could also be seized up. You probably won't break the screw ( you could strip it) and it's the only way to tighten the handle. Try backing the screw out first, then tighten it down.

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

I just looked at the faucet again to make sure I am correct in my assessment of what is wrong. Now, I don't think I was correct. When I grab the entire unit I can move it a little up and a little sideways. I feel the whole unit is is loos.

Rick the plumber :

then you will need to tighten up the the nut at the base of the faucet under the sink

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

I am not good at these these, but I will try to explain. I don't see a nut I can tight with a wrench. Remeber, I need very detailed help.

Rick the plumber :

if you want "very detailed help" I need the model of the faucet. There is a nut under there. You may not be able to get to it with a conventional wrench. These faucet often come with a deep socket to tighten the nut.

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

there is a round metal thing (sorry) that I can turn clockwise and counter clockwise. couls that be what I tight the base with?

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

I believe the model is a delta signature... single handle pull-out faucet.

Rick the plumber :

your description is too vague, the round metal thing could be anything. Guve me a minute to see if I can find the spec for the Signature pullout

JACUSTOMER-sbky1a36- :

wow... now you're starting to give me the impression you're pissed. Forget it. I'm also not paying you.