Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  over 20 years residential plumbing experience.

I have a glacier bay toilet (flapperless dump bucket style)

Customer Question

I have a glacier bay toilet (flapperless dump bucket style) It's about two years old and it's been leaking at the point of the connection to the water supply. I've replaced the rubber washer and the water line hose and it still leaks when I turn the water supply on. If I dump water in the tank it doesn't leak but only when I turn the supply on. HELP! Are these toilets junk and I shouldn't make another trip to the store to buy another supply line and rubber washer and just get a new toilet altogether.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JA! We've sold hundreds of these. I would take the tank off bring it in to home Depot and tell them you want a new tank. I work at the Home Depot and they will swap it out for you. I've seen some problems with the handles and fill valve but not what you are describing. I think you have a faulty tank.