Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector

I have an outside faucet that is leaking from the top....I

I have an outside faucet that is leaking from the top....I believe it is the pressure relief valve...What can I do to correct without replacing the entire faucet. Mary
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

The part your refering to is called a "vacuum breaker". I recommend removing these parts again and bringing them to your local home improvement store and match up a replacement kit. If they cannot help you try a local plumbing shop or hardware store. they should sell you what you need. the replacing of them is easy. these get old and can become worn and distorted over time and not properly seal, but are completely replacable without installing a whole new faucet.