Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I have no water due to extremely cold weather

i have no water due to extremely cold weather,i have turned off the water valve and have heaters pointing at the pipes.what should i do next please.

Welcome to JustAnswer,

Open all your taps (as long as someone is in the home). This will relieve some of the pressure on the piping mitigating the possibility of the pipes breaking and will let you know when the pipes thaw out. Heating the entire cold area if possible is more effective unless you can locate a particularly cold spot. Also using an electric hair dryer to thaw the pipes in the coldest area can also help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if this solution works,would you say it is advisable to keep my central heating on overnight.i always turn it off when i go to bed and i think this may have been the cause of the pipes freezing in the first place,
I always advise customers not turn the heat down (or off) in very cold or unusually cold weather