Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago
31194769

I am trying to replace cartridge in KWC DOMO faucet and cannot

Customer Question

I am trying to replace cartridge in KWC DOMO faucet and cannot remove fitting holding it in place. Is a special tool neededto remove fitting, or is it frozen in place?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumbing Pro replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to Answer your question to the best of my professional ability. Please tell me the bran name of the faucet and the model ? Is this a shower or kitchen faucet? how old is the faucet?

First you will have to remove the handle , where there will be a set screw you will have to remove to remove the handle. Then Their is a retaining ring, or nut that must also be removed , then you will need to pull up using a cartridge puller or a vice grip style wrench. first the water must be turned off and you must relief the pressure by opening up the hot and cold and let the remain water trickle out ,then go turn the sink on in another part of the house . The reason why you need to do that is to break the natural suction or back pressure that is holding the old cartridge into place. Depending on how old the faucet it the cartridge might be frozen or stuck into place and you will need a cartridge puller tool.

Plumbers Protect the Nations Health, , If you aren't 100% satisfied with my Answer, I would be happy to clarify for you. When you feel I have Answered your Question to the best of my ability, please click, (Accept) or you wont be able to leave me customer feedback and I won't receive credit for Answering this question.

Edited by Plumbing Pro on 12/5/2010 at 1:00 PM EST