Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago
31194769

Hot water not coming out of faucet.

no water coming out of hot water tap, cold running fine, compi' boiler heating radaitors fine. Whats wrong with the water from the hot water tap? Is it a case of a frozen pipe?

Welcome to JustAnswer, I will do my best to Answer your question to the best of my professional ability.could very well be.

Go to every sink, shower and fixture in the house and turn on hot and see if you get any flow, and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Turned on every hot water tap in house along with shower, no water running from the taps & the showers just trickling out?
A combination boiler supples hot water to the radiators for heating the house, and supplies hot water for your faucets, each has its own zone valve , if the zone valve hot the hot water for the faucets is stuck shut or not working any more then you will get no water flow. The other thing it could be is a frozen pipe and thats why you are not getting flow . IF its all the faucets that are not flowing then its most likely the zone valve that has stopped working. If its just one faucet that has stopped slowing then most likely a frozen pipe. if the shower just trickles out then leave it on if its a frozen pipe it should force it self to flow after some time , and begin to defrost the frozen pipe.