Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

i have a Kohler kitchen faucet, model #a11218. Both the faucet

Customer Question

i have a Kohler kitchen faucet, model #a11218. Both the faucet and cold water handle leak. I do not know how to get apart or see the seams where it may unscrew. Hlep. Thanks. XXXXX
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer,

Your model number doesn't register with Kohler. Please double check it or post a picture here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll have to check it again though I believe this number is XXXXX Brushed metal surface, silver grey in color. A112.18m possibly. below that is 2.2
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Kohler model numbers don't have decimal points. Grohe does.
Expert:  BigDave replied 6 years ago.

American National Standards Institute (ANSI) & American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) produce industry standards for plumbing fixtures as well as other building products. That number you posted was one of their numbers, not the model number of your faucet.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'll recheck. these numbers are at the base of the faucet, on the back of it.

It says Kohler

A11218

2.2g

that's what it looks like to me. would numbers be anywhere else? thx.

Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX anywhere on the faucet. You will either need to go to Kohler's website and find your faucet or post a picture here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll get back to you later today as I'm not able to check the numbers right now. thanks. BG
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
There is one thing you can try. If you can't see any screws or button that can be removed to expose a screw there is one method Kohler uses on many of their faucets. If this is a 2 handle faucet try unscrewing the bell shaped handle base. Many of Kohler's faucets have the handle attached to the base and the whole thing is attached by the threads at the base of the bell.