Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago

why does water spray out of toilet during flushing

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumbing Pro replied 6 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX will do my best to answer your question to the best of my professional ability.

where is the water spraying out from? the bowel or the tank?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the bowl - it is like a small fountain
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is my answer
there are to holes on the bottom of the bowl, one is bigger and thats where the waste goes down to the sewer and the smaller one pushes water down the bigger one to give the toilet some flushing power, over time the small hole will get some build up over the hole and cause this problem, a good pipe cleaner should do the job and clean the small hole out the best you can .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I scrubbed the holes with a scrub brush and old toothbrush using ammonia. A lot of debris came out of the holes but the problem is not fixed.
then there is still build up inside the holes and a wire pipe cleaner should be used, also you will have to soak the toilet bowl over night with a toilet bowl cleaner. In some cases you cant clean out everything due to the fact there is no access, and in some cases the only way to fix the problem is to replace the toilet. Also if you lift the lid off the toilet tank and put some cleaner inside the tank this will also help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try your suggestions
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried your suggestions but the water is still spraying upward from the large hole in the toilet. Guess I have to call in a plumber.