Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector

Moen Aberdeen Kitchen pull-down faucet cartridge replacement

Moen Aberdeen Kitchen pull-down faucet cartridge replacement: I got the cap off the handle but the alen screw will not come unscrewed to get the handle off. I can see the big hub screw under the handle. Should I try to drill it out?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

If you are able to remove the screw from up top the handle should come off so that you can replace your cartridge. You made have some difficulty removing it like this and also replacing it properly if you do get it off. The handle will seem loose. If you can get it off maybe some (WD-40) to loosen it will work. Also FYI 1-800-BUY-MOEN and you can order replacement parts from them for FREE!!!

Edited by Plmqwk on 9/6/2010 at 2:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nevermind the first question. I just got it out. Now the allen screw is stiipped and I dont want to use it again. Where should I look to get a new I have to buy the entire Handle Kit just to get the one screw...I don't think the screw bins at the HD or Lowes is going to have a you?
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

Glad you got it out! The link I sent should take care of your other questions. As for the hardward store, yea there is a chance they can match it up but it won't take to long for the parts from moen for free either.