Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed plumbing contractor state of Il, & Chicago

When I flush my toilet, large air bubbles are now coming up

When I flush my toilet, large air bubbles are now coming up through the bowl drain. Is this an indication of septic or toilet issue?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumbing Pro replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Plumbing Pro :

Hi, and Welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX will do my best to answer your question to the best of my professional ability.

Plumbing Pro :

the toilet could be clogged , the drain for the toilet could be clogged, or the holes where the water shoots out in the bowl could be clogged.

its one of the 3 things , you can try a plunger first to see if that helps. How old is the toilet and do you have the manufacture bran name?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It seems to be flushing OK. The toilet is fairly old(not sure how old); its a URC? brand
in the bowl there are little holes where air and water are to shoot out to clean and make the waste go down the toilet, some times these ports can get clogged over time and not flow right , causing air to come out , you can go buy some pipe cleaners and ring out the holes to make sure you have a good flow threw them. Any time water is restricted it will cause it to make turbulence and will cause air bubbles.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where in the bowl are these holes?
where you see the hole where the waste goes down their is a hole to help push the waste down, its under the water line right on the side where the waste goes down. so if the main hole is lets say 4 inches , then you will have like a hole the size of a penny on the side of it and it helps push the water down, go and flush the toilet once so you can see for your self when you flush it there should be a steady jet of water that goes down the bigger hole.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My toilet refills from the back of the bowl near the penny sized hole near the main hole.
yea thats where it fills it self but the hole im talking about is down in the bottom where the waste goes down, this hole pushes water during the flush to help get the waste out. its down in the bowl, you can put rubber gloves on and you can stick your hand in the toilet bowl and you can feel the hole .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK thanks