Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector

water leaking from siding outside of the house

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

Are there any plumbing fixtures along that wall inside the house, or an outside water spigot above the leak?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.
Are you on a private well or city water supply? Do you have a basement or a crawlspace? Can you hear water running in the wall.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
city water supply. no basement or crawlspace.yes i hear water outside of my house on siding on porch
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

Based on what you have told me it appears that there must be a water line that has a leak in that wall. I would get the water main to the house shut off ASAP. Call the City water dept. for assistance if needed. you will most likely have to open up the wall for the repair. Gaining access from the inside if possible should be the best route but I don't know what your house is like.

I hope this helps, if so please remember to hit accept. If I can be of further assistance in the future please ask. Thank You!!!