Mike the plumber
Mike the plumber, Plumber
Experience:  Fifteen years in the residential service industry and new construction
45612278

my toilet is ghost flushing, so I replaced the flapper and

my toilet is ghost flushing, so I replaced the flapper and it still does that
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike the plumber replied 4 years ago.
Does the fill valve say fluidmaster on it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I replaced the whole valve using the fluidmaster 400AK complete repaire kit
Did you put the black refill tube from the fill valve down into the overflow tube in the center of the toilet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
How far down into the tube does it go?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
about half an inch using a kind of clip
Is the end of the tube below the water level in the tank after it fills?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Good. Can you see water trickling into the bowl?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, that is the continuing problem
Ok. Hold down on the flapper and see if thats stops it. Let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just tried and it did not help
Is this what you changed?
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
I keep hitting reply and nothing happens on the webpage
my response does not get sent
Is the black tube from the fill valve on a clip above the water or stuck in a holder below the water?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
above the water
If you look down the white overflow tube can you see water trickling down there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no water trickling down there
The water entering the bowl has to come from the tank. 1 the flapper is leaking. 2 the refill tube from the fill valve is to far in the overflow tube causing the fill valve to back siphon 3 the flush valve has a pin hole in it and its allowing water into the bowl. 4 the flapper chain is to tight holding the flapper up. If its not any of these than the only other thing it could be is the washer in the top of the fluidmaster fill valve needs to be changed.
Thanks, Mike
Mike the plumber, Plumber
Experience: Fifteen years in the residential service industry and new construction
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replaced now also the complete fill valve and keep getting the same issue,
appreciate however you trying to help me solve this problem
thanks
All that work? Thanks for the neutral