Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

the water is not draining from the kitchen sink. we have snaked

the water is not draining from the kitchen sink. we have snaked it and can't find a clog. The garbage disposal works, but water will go down and then come back up. We have plunged it, flushed toilets and blown air through the disposal without any obvious obstructions. It is a septic system.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 6 years ago.
You have a clog somewhere in the line going into the wall and beyond it. You will need to snake it as far as it goes to tie into the line to the septic tank line. I would also recommend snaking the drain vent at the same time. Good luck. If this has proved helpful please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Expert:  Patrick replied 6 years ago.
As a check, you have removed the P trap and verified it is clear? After the trap that leaves you with the drain line through the wall. If there is a clog in this line prior to this line connecting to the main sewer line it will back up. If the septic system is not working properly, it may be backing water to the house.