Plumber Matthew
Plumber Matthew, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed Journeyman Plumber. Eleven years of Commercial and Residential plumbing.
12980637

a cross sectional area of a circular duct is 226.865 square

a cross sectional area of a circular duct is 226.865 square inches. what would be the diameter of the duct?

I googled this. Couldn't find my Mathmatice for plumbers and pipefitters book LOL

Set: The diameter is x
then 3.14*x2=226.865
x=2.925

http://www.answerspice.com/c173/1977798/crosssectional-area-of-a-circular-duct-is-226865-square-inches-what-is-the-diameter-of-the-duct

best i can do. ill opt out if you like

Cant give you the answer but pi*R sq =3.142*Radius.squared gives square area with a given radius, so work it back, do it in mm the convert to inches so much easier, Rick

Edited by Rick Ridley on 6/9/2010 at 10:25 PM EST
Hello and thank you for your question.

The diameter of the circular duct is 17".

I hope this information is useful. If I can be of further assistance on this topic please let me know. Thanks!
Plumber Matthew, Plumber
Experience: Licensed Journeyman Plumber. Eleven years of Commercial and Residential plumbing.
Hi you must understand that these questions you are getting, they are from some text book crank who has not seen a fitting in his life, I am 62 and been in the trade all my life and these questions are for text book quacks, not hands on fitters, there or two types of guys out there, them that can do the job, and them that can write/talk about it, them that can write about it sometimes seem to earn more money than them that do it, this is changing, become one of those who do the job, Rick