Jeff
Jeff, Master Plumber Master Drainlayer
Experience:  28 years Experience Master Plumber/Drainlayer and owner/operator of a active plumbing co.
32965960

I have a Kohler steam shower and have a message appears on

I have a Kohler steam shower and have a message appears on the control pad the says "run PCL n soon." That message gome on the minute I push the on/off button.

The unit is a K-1663 installed spring of 2008. No problems until this. Can't find this problem in the guide book.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.com, this code is related to the steam generator not the control panel. It is a code that after 600 minutes of use requires you to activate the power clean mode. Please refer to Kohler web site for the specific directions on how to do this:

NOTICE: Users will be automatically reminded to use power clean after 600 minutes of steam generator

use. The LED window will display ″runPCLn.″ The steam generator may be run three times before the

power clean function must be run.

Increase

Timer

Decrease

On/Off

Temperature

Clock

Window

Kohler Co. 3(NNN) NNN-NNNN5-G

Operating Your Steam Generator (cont.)

power clean function must be run.

NOTE: When the power clean function is activated, water will typically discharge from the steam head.

NOTE: The power clean cycle must be completed before normal steam operation may be resumed.

To activate the power clean function: Push the timer icon, up arrow, and down arrow at the same

time for five seconds. The LED window will display ″PCLn,″ ″On,″ then count down the cycle time

until the power clean function is complete. The power clean function runs for approximately 45

minutes and shuts off automatically when complete.

NOTE: If electrical power to the steam generator is interrupted during the power clean function, the cycle

must be restarted when the electrical power is restored.

I found this information from the steam generator troubleshooting guide, If you have the owners manual I would refrence it as I initiated the cleaning.

Im sure this will answer all your questions, if not please reply to email and I will continue to assist you. If this does answer your question please hit the ACCEPT and that is how I get paid to share my information. Thanks, Jeff

Edited by Jeff on 5/16/2010 at 3:00 AM EST