SF Plumber
SF Plumber, Plumbing Contractor
Experience:  20 years licensed plumbing contractor
32062300

In the cabinet under my kitchen sink keeps getting wet. I

In the cabinet under my kitchen sink keeps getting wet. I had run my dishwasher so I thought the water came from the dishwasher so I stopped using until I could get it fixed. Yesterday my daughter ran the washing machine with a huge load of clothes. And, I did a lot of dishes in my kitchen sink. We had water again in the cabinet and a little on my floor. Sometimes when I'm running the washing machine I hear drain sounds in the kitchen sink area. The washer is in a different room but on the same outside wall as the kitchen sink. I'm telling you all this because I don't know if it's just a leaky pipe in my kitchen sink or if it's a bigger problem relating to dishwasher and washing machine. I know I need to call a plumber but now-a-days I don't know who I can trust to tell me the truth. The last plumber wanted to sell me an entire package of repairs. Thanks for your help. Patti
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  SF Plumber replied 6 years ago.
Hi,I will try to help you fix your problem.
The way to find these leaks is with a flash light to see where the water comes from. In my experience most of the leaks come from leaking drain pipes under the sink. The next reason is small gaps between the faucet and the counter and the sink and the counter.
It does not sound very likely that your washing machine is at fault.

I would empty the cabinet, fry everything. then run some water to see if the pipes or possibly the faucet leak. If everything is still dry take a cup of water and poor it on the counter in the area where the faucet sits. You should have no problem finding the leak this way.