Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

hot water runs slow to bathtub and kitchen sink, even after

Customer Question

hot water runs slow to bathtub and kitchen sink, even after I put a new one in. Bathtub never has good hot water pressure, cold is fine. The kitchen will increase pressure after a little while running.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.

What type of water piping do you have? do you have good hot water flow elsewhere in the house?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, there is good flow to the sink which is in the same bathroom, as well as washer. I had slower pressure after having my kitchen faucet replaced but after it runs awhile it gets better. I'm not sure what type of pipes I only see plastic at hot water heater along with the copper of course, also see copper in kitchen, not sure of tub unable to see it.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Assuming the piping you can't see is also plastic then the most likely cause of the problem at you kitchen sink is a faulty or partially clogged shutoff under the sink or possibly an obstruction between the faucet and the shut off. If you have a single handle bathtub valve then the pressure balancing piston is probably faulty and you may need to replace the cartridge or piston in the valve.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the suggestions I will try the suggestions. Have A Great Day and God Bless U!!
Expert:  Rick replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer