Patrick
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

my water seems to be frozen at the well pump location. I tried

my water seems to be frozen at the well pump location. I tried to get streaming water at thetop of the well pump under the well cover and nothing came out there, so I assume the issue is in the pipies coing up out of our well ? What can I do ?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 6 years ago.
If you can get a heat lamp, a portable clamp on light, with a high wattage bulb, heat lamps are best and direct it on the metal of the exposed part of the well head you can heat up the well pipe and get some thawing going. If you were able to get a heater of some sort going around the well head and tent it in to hold the heat that would be great. Be careful with electricity and damp conditions. You may want to consider electric heat tracing pipe insulation in the future that can help you with this situation. Good luck. If this has proved helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.