BigDave
BigDave, Licensed Service Professional
Experience:  With Over 22 YEARS of knocking on doors and solving problems.
26888250

installing a new radiator on to previous pipe work. end of

installing a new radiator on to previous pipe work. end of piping won't reach exit side of radiator, gap of about 4cm and angled as pipe much closer to wall then radiator valve. How do I get it to hook up and what parts will I need?

In order to help you, I need to know what type of pipes we are dealing with. If the pipes have a coat of paint on them (typical), you could remove a small area to expose the material for identifcation. A picture would make things alot easier.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the pipes are copper. changed from a single to double and width's are now very different, pipe for other end had enough give to meet up but no leeway here.

graphic

Is the image taken of the joint you are trying to make? If so, I think the solution will be simple. At the wall, cut away a small area to allow the pipe to be raised to the same level as the union nut on the radiator. If this is not possible, the copper must be extended by soldering on a new section of pipe. Just curious, but what is on the other side of the walll to the left?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the other side of wall is hallway, renovating a house that has some bad DIY done to it so solutions can be difficult. all radiators are on inside walls with odd piping to them, thanks for the help will get some copper tomorrow and make repairs.
Good luck with your repair!