Patrick
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

after replacing wax ring tiolet not flushing properly

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
You most likely got the wax ring offset and it is blocking the outlet and affecting the flush. Your only choice is to pull the toilet, clean off the wax completely and set a new wax ring on the toilet horn (outlet). When you set the toilet down over the bolts, you have to go straight down. Do not slide left or right or front to back. You must go down straight on the flange. It helps to have somebody guide you or assist with a heavy toilet. Once set, install the washers and nuts. Sit down on the toilet to compress the wax ring seal and then tighten the bolts. Good luck. If this has proved helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pulled tiolet back off wax ring not blocking anything any other ideals
Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
How is the toilet not flushing? What are the symptoms compared to how it normally flushed? Does it fill the bowl with water and the water does not drop or it drops slowly? Do you have any blockage in the toilet trap? If you pour water into the toilet waste drop, sewer line, does it flow away or back up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes bowl does fill but empties slow this is happening in both tiolets after replaced wax rings.water fills sewer pipe then goes down
Expert:  Patrick replied 5 years ago.
You may want to run an auger/snake down the waste drop and see if anything is clogging the line. It may also be helpful to run the snake/auger down the waste vent from the roof to make sure nothing is blocking it. The old wax rings and any paper towels or debris from cleaning up after removing the old rings were not stuffed down the waste drops? Good luck. If this has proven helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience: 30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects