Patrick
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

MY TOILET BOWL WILL NOT HOLD WATER AFTER I FLUSH THE TANK IS

MY TOILET BOWL WILL NOT HOLD WATER AFTER I FLUSH THE TANK IS FINE IT HOLDS WATER
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Does the bowl hold water after you flush and then it seeps away?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

YES AND THEN IT SEEPS AWAY AND A LITTLE IS LEFT IN BOTTOM

Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Did this start suddenly? Worked fine, then this just started?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IT JUST STARTED ABOUT AND HOUR AGO .I TRY PLUNGING BUT NO LUCK I CHECKED BASEMENT NO WATER LEAKS.
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Three things can cause this. One, there is something stuck in the trap on the toilet and it is acting as a wick to pull water out of the bowl. Two, there is a crack somewhere in the toilet bowl that is allowing water to seep out. Three, the vent is clogged and is siphoning the water out of the bowl. The clogged vent would be the thing I would check if you have all ready thoroughly plungered the toilet. The vent pipe will penetrate the roof. Leaves, rodents or birds can block a vent. If you access the roof to snake/auger this vent, be extremely careful working on top of the roof. Take care not to fall or slip. Good luck. If this has proven helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you.