Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

My well pump stopped working and pumping water into the home

Customer Question

My well motor stopped working and pumping water into the home. I was told it was the fuses. I replaced the fuses and then the pump started working. Now after priming the well and then turned the pump on no water came into the home, it backed up in the priming area. I took the cover off the priming pipe and it was shooting out water instead of pumping water into the house. The water was shooting out of it like a fountain. What could be the problem? Am I in need of a brand new motor (pump)? It is running, or at least making noise but not bringing water into my home.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />
It sounds like there is nothing wrong with your pump. You probably have a "fountain" because the pipe is under pressure. You probably have a blockage or a closed or broken valve leading to the household piping.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How and what do I need to do to fix this problem. If I have a fountain and there's maybe a blockage what do I do to un-block it? I'm doing this on my own because I have no money to hire someone so please tell me the steps to get the blockage gone..
Thank you so much for your help.
Samantha
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
I would need pictures of you pump setup to advise you further.

Instructions for uploading a photo.

1.) If you see a tree icon in your tool bar at the top of the reply box ( where you are typing ) go to number 2 .

If you don't see one then press show tool bar on the upper left of the reply box and then go to number 2.

2.) Press the tree icon, you should get a window that has a browse button option on it.

3.) Press the browse button on this box. You should then get a second box with a browse button on it.

4.) Press the browse button in this second box and you should get a window that you can use to navigate to the location of the photo file on your computer.

5.) Make your choice of photo file by double clicking on it. The choice box should disappear and the path to the photo file should now appear in the box.

6.) Now press the OK button on that box. That box should disappear and the path name should show up in the first box now. If it doesn't show right away give at least one full minute.

Don't press the insert button until you see a path name in the box. It will only show up as a red x if you do.

7.) Press the insert button on that box once the file path appears.