Patrick
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

my Mira Sport Max 10.8 is showing the overheat light when

my Mira Sport Max 10.8 is showing the 'overheat' light when we select medium or high setting.
no hot water. this happened suddenly, not a gradual event.
what is the likely cause and how do i check please?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Your shower probably has low flow thus overheating. Let me check something and I will get baclk with you. Are you getting the same water flow as always?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the water flow is as normal.
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
http://www.qssupplies.co.uk/Brand/Mira/Mira-Sport-Max.pdf. Click on the attached and your Owner's Manual will pop up. Go to troubleshooting and you will find on page 24 several items to check with your condition of no heating but flow ok. See the column that shows Overheat light On and check out the possible causes. Some you can address, others you cannot. Good luck. If this has proven helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwiseI do not receive credit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i already have a copy of the fault diagnosis and diagram.

what i really want to know is it a case of replacing the thermal switch then if that doesnt work, then replacing the heater unit?

thanks

Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
That is pretty much it. There is not much to repair on these units otherwise. Verify though that you do not have any restricted flow through a partially clogged shower head. Just in case it was enough to have an impact. Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think i would be better buying a new shower unit than going to all that time and expense.
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
From past posts I believe that this would give you your best long term solution. If you have had it for many years you have most likely gotten the life expectancy from the unit. Good luck.