Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

we http // qid 20090321130632AAW2F7Kjust

Customer Question

we put in a new corner shower, and water ran for about 30 secs and now nothing? My husband wants to try to figure it out, I think there is air in there, but what should we do
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />If you have adequate pressure in your other faucets then it's not an air problem. Any air would be forced out pretty quickly under pressure. It is more likely that something has fouled the shower valve. You need to dismantle the valve. Then have another person turn on the water with the valve apart, while you watch, to flush out any debris in the line. After the lines are flushed out reassemble the valve and try it. If there is debris in the cartridge or fouling the pressure balancing piston then you will probably need to replace the cartridge.